Saturday 27 October 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 27, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Grégoire and Danielle Messia.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Death of a Scoundrel, directed by Charles Martin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Nun'S Story by Kathryn Hulme was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 October 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1956 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Frankie Laine - A Woman In Love
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Elvis Presley - Hound Dog
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Freddie Bell & The Bellboys - Giddy-Up-A-Ding-Dong
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?