Friday 27 October 1989
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Xenia Deli and Missy Lanning.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Miss You Much by Janet Jackson.
In UK Ride On Time by Black Box was in the top 5 hits.
Look Who's Talking, directed by Amy Heckerling, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Join In!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Digital Champ: Battle Boxing or Genesis LPMud.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1989!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1989 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Janet Jackson - Miss You Much
- Tears For Fears - Sowing The Seeds Of Love
- Roxette - Listen To Your Heart
- New Kids On The Block - Cover Girl
- Aerosmith - Love In An Elevator
- Mötley Crüe - Dr. Feelgood
- Babyface - It's No Crime
- Young M.C. - Bust A Move
- Bad English - When I See You Smile
- Bobby Brown - Rock Wit'cha
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?