Monday 9 October 1989
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 9, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Analicia Chaves and Russell Packer.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Miss You Much by Janet Jackson.
In UK Ride On Time by Black Box was in the top 5 hits.
Fat Man and Little Boy, directed by Roland Joffé, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Yawara! A Fashionable Judo Girl.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blazing Lazers or Dungeon Explorer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 October 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1989!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1989 ?
- Analicia Chaves: Instagram Star.
- Russell Packer: New Zealand rugby player.
- Ana Savić: Croatian tennis player.
- 1st NFL game coached by a black man (Art Shell), his LA Raiders beat the New York Jets 14-7 on Monday Night Football
- 23rd Country Music Association Award: George Strait, Kathy Mattea wins
- 27th Tennis Federation Cup: USA beats Spain in Tokyo Japan (3-0)
- An official news agency in the Soviet Union reports the landing of a UFO in Voronezh.
- In Leipzig, East Germany, 70,000 protesters demand the legalisation of opposition groups and democratic reforms.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 9 October 1989
- Atlanta Falcons - Los Angeles Rams : 14 - 26
- Buffalo Bills - Indianapolis Colts : 14 - 37
- Chicago Bears - Tampa Bay Buccaneers : 35 - 42
- Cincinnati Bengals - Pittsburgh Steelers : 26 - 16
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Janet Jackson - Miss You Much
- Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) - Soul II Soul (Featuring Caron Wheeler)
- Sybil - Don't Make Me Over
- Regina Belle - Baby Come To Me
- Christopher Williams - Talk To Myself
- Peabo Bryson - All My Love
- Prince - Partyman
- Bobby Brown - Rock Wit'cha
- Young M.C. - Bust A Move
- Surface - You Are My Everything
Top #10 Latin songs
- Gloria Estefan - Si voy a perderte
- Fria como el viento - Luis Miguel
- A donde vayas - Los Bukis
- Lucerito - Cuentame
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- Aunque mal paguen ellas - Roberto Carlos/Vicente Fernandez
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- Por Ti - Yolandita Monge
- Fuiste Un Trozo De Hielo En La Escarcha - Chayanne
- Y Voy Hacer Feliz - Marisela
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Black Box - Ride On Time
- Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers - That's What I Like
- Technotronic featuring Felly - Pump Up The Jam
- Milli Vanilli - Girl I'm Gonna Miss You
- Street Tuff - Rebel MC & Double Trouble
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?