Sunday 15 October 1989
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 15, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Joshua and Fedez .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Miss You Much by Janet Jackson.
In UK Ride On Time by Black Box was in the top 5 hits.
Fat Man and Little Boy, directed by Roland Joffé, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Blessings by Belva Plain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Yawara! A Fashionable Judo Girl.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Final Fantasy Legend or Final Fight.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 October 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1989!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1989 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Anthony Joshua: Boxer.
- Fedez : Rapper.
- Blaine Gabbert: Football Player.
- Mia Wasikowska: Actress.
- Alen Pamić: Croatian footballer (d. 2013).
- Leandro Martínez: Argentinian-Italian footballer.
- Leandro Antonio Martinez: Argentinian/Italian footballer.
- Billy Graham is given the 1,900th star on Hollywood Boulevard.
- South Africa president FW de Klerk frees Sisulu and four other political prisoners.
- Wayne Gretzky becomes the all-time leading points scorer in the NHL.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Janet Jackson - Miss You Much
- Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) - Soul II Soul (Featuring Caron Wheeler)
- Sybil - Don't Make Me Over
- Regina Belle - Baby Come To Me
- Christopher Williams - Talk To Myself
- Peabo Bryson - All My Love
- Prince - Partyman
- Bobby Brown - Rock Wit'cha
- Young M.C. - Bust A Move
- Surface - You Are My Everything
Top #10 Latin songs
- Gloria Estefan - Si voy a perderte
- Fria como el viento - Luis Miguel
- A donde vayas - Los Bukis
- Lucerito - Cuentame
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- Aunque mal paguen ellas - Roberto Carlos/Vicente Fernandez
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- Por Ti - Yolandita Monge
- Fuiste Un Trozo De Hielo En La Escarcha - Chayanne
- Y Voy Hacer Feliz - Marisela
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Black Box - Ride On Time
- Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers - That's What I Like
- Technotronic featuring Felly - Pump Up The Jam
- Milli Vanilli - Girl I'm Gonna Miss You
- Street Tuff - Rebel MC & Double Trouble
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?