Sunday 15 October 1989
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leandro Antonio Martinez and Blaine Gabbert.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Miss You Much by Janet Jackson.
In UK Ride On Time by Black Box was in the top 5 hits.
Look Who's Talking, directed by Amy Heckerling, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Clear And Present Danger by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Around the World in 80 Days.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle or Camelot.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1989!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1989 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Leandro Antonio Martinez: Argentinian/Italian footballer.
- Blaine Gabbert: Football Player.
- Fedez : Rapper.
- Anthony Joshua: Boxer.
- Leandro Martínez: Argentinian-Italian footballer.
- Alen Pamić: Croatian footballer (d. 2013)
- Billy Graham is given the 1,900th star on Hollywood Boulevard.
- South Africa president FW de Klerk frees Sisulu and four other political prisoners.
- Wayne Gretzky becomes the all-time leading points scorer in the NHL.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 October 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?