Saturday 7 October 1989
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 7, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hugo Clément and Morgan Osman.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Miss You Much by Janet Jackson.
In UK Ride On Time by Black Box was in the top 5 hits.
Crimes and Misdemeanors, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while California Gold by John Jakes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Blackadder Goes Forth.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arnold Palmer Tournament Golf! or Battle Out Run.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 October 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1989!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1989 ?
Famous Birthdays:07 October
- Rickey Henderson steals a record 8 bases in a play off (5 games).
- Radio talk show host Larry King weds Julie Alexander.
- The communist Hungarian Socialist Workers' Party votes to reorganize itself as a socialist party, to be named the Hungarian Socialist Party.
- An official news agency in the Soviet Union reports the landing of a UFO in Voronezh.
- In Leipzig, East Germany, protesters demand the legalization of opposition groups and democratic reforms.
- Friday the 13th mini-crash: The Dow Jones Industrial Average plunges 190.58 points, or 6.91 percent, to close at 2,569.26, most likely after the junk bond market collapses.
- Gro Harlem Brundtland, leader of the Labour Party, resigns as Prime Minister of Norway. She is succeeded by Jan P. Syse, leader of the Conservative Party on October 16.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) - Soul II Soul (Featuring Caron Wheeler)
- Sybil - Don't Make Me Over
- Janet Jackson - Miss You Much
- Regina Belle - Baby Come To Me
- Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly - Can't Get Over You
- Eddie Murphy - Put Your Mouth On Me
- Christopher Williams - Talk To Myself
- After 7 - Heat Of The Moment
- Peabo Bryson - All My Love
- Terry Tate - Babies Having Babies
Top #10 Latin songs
- Gloria Estefan - Si voy a perderte
- Fria como el viento - Luis Miguel
- A donde vayas - Los Bukis
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- Lucerito - Cuentame
- Aunque mal paguen ellas - Roberto Carlos/Vicente Fernandez
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- Lo Que Paso Entre Tu Y Yo...Paso - Luis Enrique
- Por Ti - Yolandita Monge
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Black Box - Ride On Time
- Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers - That's What I Like
- Technotronic featuring Felly - Pump Up The Jam
- Milli Vanilli - Girl I'm Gonna Miss You
- Street Tuff - Rebel MC & Double Trouble
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?