Friday 13 October 1989
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 13, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Slimane (singer) and Breno Borges.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Miss You Much by Janet Jackson.
In UK Ride On Time by Black Box was in the top 5 hits.
Fat Man and Little Boy, directed by Roland Joffé, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Minotaur by Stephen Coonts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Yawara! A Fashionable Judo Girl.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Day of the Viper or Future Wars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 October 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1989!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1989 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Slimane (singer)
- Najee De-Tiege: TV Actor.
- Breno Borges: Brazilian footballer.
- Clive Rose: Australian cricketer.
- Wei Son: Japanese model and singer.
- Jun Hyoseong: Korean Singer.
- Bob Quinn resigns as New York Yankee VP / GM and replaced by Harding Peterson
- Dow Jones down 190.58 points
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average plunges 190.58 points, or 6.91 percent, to close at 2,569.26 most likely after the junk bond market collapses. This mini-crash becomes known as the Friday the 13th mini-crash.
- Jay Ward, animator (Rocky and His Friends), dies at age 69 of cancer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Janet Jackson - Miss You Much
- Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) - Soul II Soul (Featuring Caron Wheeler)
- Sybil - Don't Make Me Over
- Regina Belle - Baby Come To Me
- Christopher Williams - Talk To Myself
- Peabo Bryson - All My Love
- Prince - Partyman
- Bobby Brown - Rock Wit'cha
- Young M.C. - Bust A Move
- Surface - You Are My Everything
Top #10 Latin songs
- Gloria Estefan - Si voy a perderte
- Fria como el viento - Luis Miguel
- A donde vayas - Los Bukis
- Lucerito - Cuentame
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- Aunque mal paguen ellas - Roberto Carlos/Vicente Fernandez
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- Por Ti - Yolandita Monge
- Fuiste Un Trozo De Hielo En La Escarcha - Chayanne
- Y Voy Hacer Feliz - Marisela
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Black Box - Ride On Time
- Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers - That's What I Like
- Technotronic featuring Felly - Pump Up The Jam
- Milli Vanilli - Girl I'm Gonna Miss You
- Street Tuff - Rebel MC & Double Trouble
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?