Thursday 5 October 1989
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Asmirandah and Gerardo Ortiz.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Miss You Much by Janet Jackson.
In UK That's What I Like by Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers was in the top 5 hits.
Mystery Train, directed by Jim Jarmusch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Majestic by Whitley Strieber was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Around the World in 80 Days.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Citadel: Adventure of the Crystal Keep or Eye of Horus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1989!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 5 October 1989 ?
- Gerardo Ortiz: World Music Singer.
- Asmirandah : Indonesian actress and singer.
- Kelsey Adrian: Canadian basketball player.
- Marcel Baude: German footballer.
- Ify Ibekwe: American basketball player.
- Kenshō Ono: Japanese voice actor and singer.
- U.S. televangelist John Nunes is found guilty of embezzling US$158 million.
- The Dalai Lama wins the Nobel Peace Prize.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?