Tuesday 28 March 1967
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Shawn Boskie in Hawthorne and Ed[ward] Grose in Juneau.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Happy Together by The Turtles.
In UK Release Me by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Thoroughly Modern Millie, directed by George Roy Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1967!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1967 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Shawn Boskie in Hawthorne: Nevada, USA; pitcher (California Angels).
- Ed[ward] Grose in Juneau: Alaska, USA; rower (Olympics-1996).
- David Lang: NFL running back (Dallas Cowboys).
- John Ziegler: German-American radio host and director.
- Sherry! opens at Alvin Theater NYC for 65 performances
- UN Secretary General U Thant makes public proposals for peace in Vietnam
- Pope Paul VI issues the encyclical ''Populorum Progressio''.
- A 13-day TV strike begins in the U.S.
- The first French nuclear submarine, ''Le Redoutable'', is launched.
- The SEACOM telephone cable is inaugurated.
- Fleet Air Arm and Royal Air Force bomb the ''Torrey Canyon'' and sink her.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 March 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- The Mama's & The Papa's - Dedicated To The One I Love
- The Beatles - Penny Lane
- Herman's Hermits - There's A Kind Of Hush
- Four Tops - Bernadette
- Petula Clark - This Is My Song
- The Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth (Stop, Hey What's That Sound)
- The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever
- Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid
- The Five Americans - Western Union
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?