Wednesday 28 December 2011
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 28, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
The Devil Inside, directed by William Brent Bell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Thinking, Fast And Slow by Daniel Kahneman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Layover.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked or Centipede: Infestation.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 December 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 2011!
Which were the important events of 28 December 2011 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 December
- Stones reportedly fall from the Colisseum, one of Rome's most famous landmarks. (MSNBC)
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- The Washington-based organisation Human Rights Watch accuses Syria of hiding hundreds of political detainees during a visit by Arab League monitors. (Angola Press)
- Syrian state television reports the release of 755 people detained during ongoing civil unrest. (BBC)
- A bomb is thrown into an Arabic school in southern Nigeria's Delta State, injuring seven people. (Reuters)
- Greek Orthodox and Armenian Apostolic priests fight in the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem over a cleaning dispute Palestinian police break up the fighting. (BBC)
- A Russian court rejects an attempt to ban ''Bhagavad Gita As It Is'', a Russian translation of the Hindu holy book Bhagavad Gita. (BBC)
- ''The Silence of the Lambs'', a 1991 thriller film starring Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins, is to be preserved by the United States Library of Congress as part of its National Film Registry. (BBC)
- 31 people are injured following the crash-landing of a passenger jet at Osh Airport in southern Kyrgyzstan. (''Straits Times'')
- Four people are killed and 1,000 others flee their homes amid lahars from the Mount Gamalama volcano in Indonesia. (AP via Google)
- Strait of Hormuz dispute:
- The United States Navy responds that it will not tolerate a disruption to the Strait. (Al Jazeera)
- The head of the African Union, Jean Ping, arrives in Guinea-Bissau after the country's army chief claims to have foiled a military coup. (IOL)
- In China, 54 government officials and the Ministry of Railways are punished over a fatal high-speed rail crash in July. (Bloomberg)
- An Egyptian court bans forced virginity tests on female detainees in military prisons. (Al Jazeera)
- The corruption trial of the former President of Egypt, Hosni Mubarak, resumes in Cairo. (BBC)
- A Venezuelan campaign group says murder rates in the country are at their highest level ever. (BBC)
- North Korea begins two days of funeral services for former leader Kim Jong-Il, who died on December 17 of a heart attack, aged 69. (''Tripoli Post'')
- 2011 Yemeni uprising: Labour strikes take place in Yemen as protesters demand reforms and the dismissal of managers over alleged corruption under the regime of outgoing President Ali Abdullah Saleh. (ABC News)
- Leading Republican Party presidential candidates, including Mitt Romney and Rick Perry, criticize rival candidate Ron Paul for his view that the United States should not act against Iran's suspected nuclear weapons program. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 28 December 2011
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Aberdeen - Hearts : 0 - 0
- Celtic - Rangers : 1 - 0
- Hibernian - Inverness C : 1 - 1
- St Johnstone - Kilmarnock : 2 - 0
Ethniki KatigoriaFootball (Greece)
- Aris - Doxa Dramas : 2 - 0
- OFI - Levadeiakos : 0 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in December 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Lotus Flower Bomb - Wale Featuring Miguel
- Ni**as in Paris - Jay Z Kanye West
- Party - Beyonce Featuring Andre 3000
- Dance (A$$) - Big Sean Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Make Me Proud - Drake Featuring Nicki Minaj
- She Will - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- That Way - Wale Featuring Jeremih & Rick Ross
- Headlines - Drake
- Can't Get Enough - J. Cole Featuring Trey Songz
- You The Boss - Rick Ross Featuring Nicki Minaj
Top #10 Latin songs
- Promise - Romeo Santos Featuring Usher
- El Verdadero Amor Perdona - Mana Featuring Prince Royce
- Ayer - Enrique Iglesias
- Nada Iguales - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Te Quiero A Morir - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- El Mil Amores - Pesado
- We Found Love - Rihanna Featuring Calvin Harris
- Lovumba (Prestige) - Daddy Yankee
- LMFAO - Sexy And I Know It
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Black Keys - Lonely Boy
- The Sound Of Winter - Bush
- Face To The Floor - Chevelle
- Paradise - Coldplay
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- These Days - Foo Fighters
- Tonight - Seether
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - Monarchy Of Roses
- Buried Alive - Avenged Sevenfold
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.90
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $105.69
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $73.98
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $25.54
- 1 CHF = 6.7 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.1677 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9197 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.374 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?