Saturday January 28, 1961
US date format: 1/28/1961, UK date format: 28/1/1961
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on January 28, 1961). The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Macmillan (Conservative), Pope John XXIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Arnaldur Indridason and Mike Holoway.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Wonderland By Night by Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra.
In UK Poetry In Motion by Johnny Tillotson was in the top 5 hits.
The Misfits, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Last Of The Just by Andre Schwarz-Bart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Boomerang.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 28, 1961?
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 28, 1961?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #11 songs in the USA
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
- Lawrence Welk - Calcutta
- The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow?
- Rosie - Angel Baby
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- The Miracles - Shop Around
- Brenda Lee - Emotions
- Neil Sedaka - Calendar Girl
- Bobby Vee - Rubber Ball
- Ray Peterson - Corinna, Corinna
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #9 R&B songs
- The Miracles (featuring Bill "Smokey" Robinson) - Shop Around
- The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow
- Jerry Butler - He Will Break Your Heart
- Hank Ballard And The Midnighters - The Hoochi Coochi Coo
- Ike & Tina Turner - I Idolize You
- James Booker - Gonzo
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Fats Domino - My Girl Josephine
- Brook Benton - Fools Rush In (Where Angels Fear To Tread)
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next January 28If January 28, 1961 is your birthday you're 59 years, 6 months, 7 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 5 months, 24 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free