Thursday 28 January 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Caliri in Providence and Loren Legarda.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Running Bear by Johnny Preston.
In UK What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For? by Emile Ford & The Checkmates was in the top 5 hits.
Our Man in Havana, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while The Silent Traveller In Boston by Chiang Yee was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Somerset Maugham Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 1960!
Which were the important events of 28 January 1960 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- John Caliri in Providence: Rhode Island, USA; actor (Vinnie - Square Pegs, Double Trouble).
- Loren Legarda: Filipino journalist and politician.
- Robert von Dassanowsky: Austrian-American historian and academic.
- 1st photograph bounced off Moon, Washington DC
- NFL announces Dallas Cowboys (1960) and Minnesota Vikings (1961) franchises.
- First photograph bounced off Moon, from Washington DC.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Andy Williams - The Village Of St. Bernadette
- Jimmy Clanton - Go, Jimmy, Go
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
- Dion and the Belmonts - Where Or When
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?