Sunday 8 January 1961
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Keith Arkell and Calvin Smith.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Are You Lonesome To-Night? by Elvis Presley.
In UK Poetry In Motion by Johnny Tillotson was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Boys Are, directed by Henry Levin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Portrait Of Max by S.N. Behrman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kleine Stadt - ganz groß.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1961!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1961 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
Famous Birthdays:08 January
- Bollingen Prize for poetry awarded to Yvor Winters.
- In France a referendum supports Charles de Gaulle's policies in Algeria.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Connie Francis - Many Tears Ago
- Johnny Burnette - You're Sixteen
- Rosie - Angel Baby
- Ray Peterson - Corinna, Corinna
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?