Sunday 28 July 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Beverley Craven .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Surf City by Jan & Dean.
In UK Confessin' by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Siege of the Saxons, directed by Nathan Juran, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vacation Playhouse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1963!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1963 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Beverley Craven: British singer and songwriter born in Sri Lanka, noted for her ballads which won her the Best British Newcomer honor at the 1992 British Awards.
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Wolverine Golf Open
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jan & Dean - Surf City
- The Tymes - So Much In Love
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- The Essex - Easier Said Than Done
- The Surfaris - Wipe Out
- Rolf Harris - Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport
- Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil In Disguise
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- Lonnie Mack - Memphis
- Doris Troy - Just One Look
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?