Thursday 28 March 1963
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Therese Washtock in Vancouver and Bernice King.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to He's So Fine by The Chiffons.
In UK Summer Holiday by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Bye Bye Birdie, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Das Kriminalmuseum.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1963!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1963 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Therese Washtock in Vancouver: British Columbia, Canada; three day equestrian (Olympics-1996).
- Bernice King: Daughter of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Chieko Honda: Japanese voice actress (d. 2013).
- Jan Masiel: Polish politician.
- Alec A Templeton: composer/pianist (Alec Templeton Time), dies at age 52.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- Ruby and the Romantics - Our Day Will Come
- Skeeter Davis - The End Of The World
- The Orlons - South Street
- Bobby Darin - You're The Reason I'm Living
- The Cascades - Rhythm Of The Rain
- Roy Orbison - In Dreams
- Jackie Wilson - Baby Workout
- Bill Pursell - Our Winter Love
- Eydie Gorme - Blame It On The Bossa Nova
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?