Saturday 23 March 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elisabeth Quin and Ana Fidelia Quirot.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Our Day Will Come by Ruby and the Romantics.
In UK Summer Holiday by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Birds, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Happiness Is A Warm Puppy by Charles M. Schulz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Human Jungle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1963!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 23 March 1963 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Elisabeth Quin
- Ana Fidelia Quirot
- Francesco Attolico: Italian athlete, a swimmer and a member of the 1992 Olympic water polo team in Barcelona.
- Peter Schiff
- Larry Fessenden
- Juan Caro: Spanish footballer and manager.
- Ana Quirot: Cuba -- 800m runner (1992, 96 Olympics - Bronze / Silver Medals).
- Kim Williams in Bethesda: Maryland, USA; LPGA golfer (1995 GHP Heartland-26th).
- Michel (Jose Miguel Gonzalez Martin): Spanish footballer.
- Michael Powell: American government employee, administrator and noted family.
- Míchel : Spanish footballer and manager.
- Davey Moore: Dies seconds after KOed in feather-weight championship.
- American boxer Davey Moore dies seconds after being knocked-out in feather-weight boxing championship at age 29.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ruby and the Romantics - Our Day Will Come
- Skeeter Davis - The End Of The World
- Bobby Darin - You're The Reason I'm Living
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- The 4 Seasons - Walk Like A Man
- The Cascades - Rhythm Of The Rain
- The Orlons - South Street
- Eydie Gorme - Blame It On The Bossa Nova
- Johnny Mathis - What Will Mary Say
- Roy Orbison - In Dreams
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?