Tuesday 28 November 1972
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jesper Stromblad and Michael Blackson.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Papa Was A Rollin' Stone by The Temptations.
In UK Clair by Gilbert O'Sullivan was in the top 5 hits.
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, directed by William Sterling, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fleksnes fataliteter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1972!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1972 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Jesper Stromblad: Swedish guitarist (In Flames).
- Michael Blackson: Comedian.
- Paulo Figueiredo: Angolan footballer.
- Anastasia Kelesidou: German-Greek discus thrower.
- Yasuko Matsuyuki: Japanese actress and singer.
- Jesper Strömblad: Swedish guitarist and songwriter (In Flames Dimension Zero Sinergy Ceremonial Oath and All Ends)
- Via Galactica opens at Uris Theater NYC for 7 performances
- LA Dodgers trade Frank Robinson to California Angels
- Last executions in Paris, of the Clairvaux Mutineers, Roger Bontems and Claude Buffet, guillotined at La Sante Prison. (Bontems had been found innocent of murder by the court, but as Buffet's accomplice is condemned to death anyway.) The chief executioner is Andre Obrecht.
- Atari kicks off the first generation of video games with the release of their seminal arcade version of ''Pong'', the first game to achieve commercial success.
- The ampquottea houseampquot Mellow Yellow opens on the Amstel River in Amsterdam, pioneering the legal sale of cannabis in the Netherlands.
- Vietnam War: White House Press Secretary Ron Ziegler tells the press that there will be no more public announcements concerning United States troop withdrawals from Vietnam due to the fact that troop levels are now down to 27,000.
- Cod War: British Foreign Secretary Sir Alec Douglas-Home says that Royal Navy ships will be stationed to protect British trawlers off Iceland.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Temptations - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone
- Helen Reddy - I Am Woman
- Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
- Lobo - I'd Love You To Want Me
- Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Seals and Crofts - Summer Breeze
- Al Green - You Ought To Be With Me
- Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California
- The Spinners - I'll Be Around
- America - Ventura Highway
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?