Thursday 9 November 1972
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Laxmi Poruri and Mark Fields.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash.
In UK Clair by Gilbert O'Sullivan was in the top 5 hits.
1776, directed by Peter H. Hunt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Aunty Jack Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1972!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1972 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Laxmi Poruri: Guntur, India -- Tennis star (1994 Futures-College Park).
- Mark Fields: NFL linebacker (NO Saints).
- Ron Rice: NFL cornerback / safety (Detroit Lions).
- Victoria Keil: Miss Universe - Cook Islands (1996).
- Paula Broadwell: American writer, academic, and anti-terrorism professional.
- Eric Dane: American actor
- Doug Russell: American sports radio and television personality
- Naomi Shindō: Japanese voice actress and singer
- Corin Tucker: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Sleater-Kinney Heavens to Betsy and Cadallaca)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
- The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
- Lobo - I'd Love You To Want Me
- Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead (Theme From Superfly)
- The Spinners - I'll Be Around
- Rick Nelson - Garden Party
- Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling
- Helen Reddy - I Am Woman
- The Delegates - Convention 72
- Eagles - Witchy Woman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?