Tuesday 7 November 1972
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emily Porter Lesueur and Jane Taylor.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash.
In UK Clair by Gilbert O'Sullivan was in the top 5 hits.
1776, directed by Peter H. Hunt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while A Nation Of Strangers by Vance Packard was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching America.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 November 1972!
Which were the important events of 7 November 1972 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Emily Porter Lesueur: Glendale, California -- Synchro swimmer (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Jane Taylor: Maitland, NSW -- Tennis star (1995 Futures-Wagga Waga).
- Jimmy Gary: NFL running back (Seattle Seahawks).
- Clive B Barnes in Portland: Maine, USA; actor (Scott Hayden - Starman).
- Christopher Daniel Barnes actor (Ross - Day by Day: As the World Turns).
- Jason London and Jeremy London: American actors
- Christopher Barnes: American actor and singer
- Mike Goldman: Australian radio and television host
- Danny Grewcock: English rugby union player
- Jason London: American actor and producer
- Jeremy London: American actor and producer
- Hasim Rahman: American boxer
- Marcus Stewart: English footballer and coach
- Tod Andrews: Actor (From Hell it Came, Outrage), dies at 51.
- President Nixon (R) re-elected defeating George McGovern (D)
- US President Richard Nixon (Republican) re-elected defeating George McGovern (Democrat).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
- The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
- Lobo - I'd Love You To Want Me
- Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead (Theme From Superfly)
- The Spinners - I'll Be Around
- Rick Nelson - Garden Party
- Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling
- Helen Reddy - I Am Woman
- The Delegates - Convention 72
- Eagles - Witchy Woman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?