Wednesday 1 November 1972
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Glen Murray and Toni Collette.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash.
In UK Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon was in the top 5 hits.
The Chinese Connection, directed by Wei Lo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Job nach Noten.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1972!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1972 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Glen Murray: Halifax, Nova Scotia -- NHL right wing (Pittsburgh Penguins).
- Toni Collette: Australian actress, seen in "Muriel's Wedding" and "Sixth Sense," 1999.
- Jenny McCarthy: American model, television host, comedian, actress, author, and anti-vaccine activist.
- Paul Dickov: Scottish footballer and manager.
- Sean Roberge: Canadian actor (d. 1996).
- 1st gay theme TV movie - That Certain Summer
- Germaoin Gagnon scores 1st Islander hat trick
- Standard Oil (New Jersey) changes its company name to Exxon.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 November 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
- The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
- Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling
- Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead (Theme From Superfly)
- Elvis Presley - Burning Love
- Rick Nelson - Garden Party
- The Spinners - I'll Be Around
- Lobo - I'd Love You To Want Me
- Danny O'Keefe - Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues
- Michael Jackson - Ben
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?