Saturday November 11, 1972, Veteran's Day
US date format: 11/11/1972, UK date format: 11/11/1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 11, 1972). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Alessia Marcuzzi and Jack Jackson.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash.
In UK Clair by Gilbert O'Sullivan was in the top 5 hits.
Ulzana's Raid, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die lieben Mitmenschen.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Pong or Empire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 11, 1972?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- See more
- Dow Jones Index moves above 1,000 for 1st time
- US Army turns over Long Bihn base to South Vietnamese army.
- Vietnam War: Vietnamization : The United States Army turns over the massive Long Binh military base to South Vietnam.
- Berry Oakley: American bass player (The Allman...
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 11, 1972?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
- The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
- Lobo - I'd Love You To Want Me
- Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead (Theme From Superfly)
- The Spinners - I'll Be Around
- Rick Nelson - Garden Party
- Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling
- Helen Reddy - I Am Woman
- The Delegates - Convention 72
- Eagles - Witchy Woman
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Spinners - I'll Be Around
- Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead (Theme From "Superfly")
- King Floyd - Woman Don't Go Astray
- Harold Melvin And The Blue Notes - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- The Manhattans - One Life To Live
- Denise LaSalle - Man Sized Job
- Betty Wright - Baby Sitter
- The Temptations - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone
- The Stylistics - I'm Stone In Love With You
- Holland-Dozier - Why Can't We Be Lovers
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next November 11If November 11, 1972 is your birthday you're 47 years, 10 months, 17 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 1 month, 14 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on November 11, 1972?
On November 11, 1972 the day of the week was Saturday.
What zodiac sign is November 11, 1972?
On November 11, 1972 the zodiac sign was Scorpio.
Who was the US President on November 11, 1972?
On November 11, 1972 the US President was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on November 11, 1972?
On November 11, 1972 the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on November 11, 1972?
On November 11, 1972 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on November 11, 1972?
On November 11, 1972 several famous people were born including, Alessia Marcuzzi, Steve Konowalchuk, Jack Jackson.
Which famous people died on November 11, 1972?
Famous people died on November 11, 1972 include, Berry Oakley.
What was the number one song in November 11, 1972?
The number one song in the week of November 11, 1972 was I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash in US and Clair by Gilbert O'Sullivan in UK.
What were the top hits on November 11, 1972?
The top hits on November 11, 1972 were I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash, Nights In White Satin by The Moody Blues, I'd Love You To Want Me by Lobo in US and Clair by Gilbert O'Sullivan, My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry, Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon in UK.