Tuesday 28 September 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 28, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars.
An Invisible Sign, directed by Marilyn Agrelo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Ape House by Sara Gruen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gigantic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alpha Protocol or Avalon Heroes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 September 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 2010!
Which were the important events of 28 September 2010 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 September
- Dolores Wilson: American soprano and actress (d. 2010).
- A recent drone strike in Pakistan's tribal region killed Sheikh Mohammad Fateh al Masri, one of al Qaeda's top commanders. (CNN)
- Three al-Quds Brigades militants are killed by an Israeli airstrike. The Israeli army claims they were preparing to fire into Israel. (Ynetnews)
- A U.S. service member is in custody in connection with the shooting deaths of two other service members and the injury of a third in Iraq. They were assigned to 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Georgia. (CNN)
- US movie director Arthur Penn best known as the director of ''Bonnie and Clyde'' dies of congestive heart failure in New York City. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- The business-software giant Oracle files a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court in San Francisco alleging that Micron Technology, a manufacturer of memory chips, colluded with other manufacturers to fix prices. (Reuters)
- A 4.5 earthquake shakes offshore of Oléron, France, with no reported casualties. (''Sud Ouest'')
- 300 homes are buried by a landslide in Santa María Tlahuitoltepec in the southern Mexican state of Oaxaca which is feared to have killed hundreds while they slept. The landslide was caused by Tropical Storm Matthew. (ABC Online)
- The Israeli Navy intercepts the ship ''Irene'' carrying Israeli and Jewish activists bringing foreign aid to the Gaza Strip. (Haaretz.com)
- A Sikh man is given a life sentence in Vienna, Austria, for murdering Rama Nand, a leader of the Dera Sach Khand sect in 2009 five other Indian-born defendants are given sentences of various lengths. (''Times of India'')
- Iranian-Canadian blogger Hossein Derakhshan, the founder of one of the first Farsi-language blogs, is sentenced to 19 years imprisonment in an Iranian court for ampquotanti-state activityampquot. (BBC)
- A gunman opens fire with an AK47 in the library at the campus of the University of Texas in Austin, United States, before turning the gun on himself and taking his own life. No other injuries are reported. (The Austin American Statesman)
- Hisham Talaat Moustafa, an Egyptian millionaire who had been sentenced to death in 2009 for inciting the murder of pop star Suzanne Tamim, is sentenced to 15 years' imprisonment in a retrial. (AP)
- The United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit permanently lifts an injunction thereby allowing the United States Government to fund embryonic stem cell research. (CNN)
- Four people are killed, including a toddler, and one seriously injured in a shooting spree in the Mattapan neighbourhood of Boston, Massachusetts. (CNN)
- 43rd Australian Parliament:
- Harry Jenkins of the Australian Labor Party is reelected unopposed as Speaker of the Australian House of Representatives. (ABC News Online)
- The Workers' Party of Korea conference begins in Pyongyang, North Korea. (BBC)
- The President of Russia Dmitry Medvedev fires the Mayor of Moscow Yuri Luzhkov with first Deputy Mayor Vladimir Resin appointed as acting Mayor. (Euronews)
- Ed Miliband, the new leader of the UK's Labour Party, makes his first major speech at the party's Annual Conference in Manchester telling delegates that his ampquotnew generationampquot will return the party to power. (BBC)
- Iceland's parliament, the Althing, refers charges of misconduct in office related to the 2008–2012 Icelandic financial crisis against former Prime Minister of Iceland Geir Haarde to the Landsdómur, a special court for such cases. (AP via Yahoo! News)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 28 September 2010
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Burnley - Hull : 4 - 0
- Cardiff - Crystal Palace : 0 - 0
- Coventry - Doncaster : 2 - 1
- Derby - Middlesbrough : 3 - 1
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Barrow - Fleetwood Town : 0 - 2
- Bath City - Kidderminster : 2 - 0
- Grimsby - Wrexham : 2 - 1
- Histon - Gateshead : 1 - 3
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Bournemouth - Exeter : 3 - 0
- Brighton - Brentford : 1 - 0
- Bristol Rvs - Tranmere : 0 - 1
- Charlton - Milton Keynes Dons : 1 - 0
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Cheltenham - Oxford : 1 - 1
- Crewe - Macclesfield : 1 - 1
- Gillingham - Southend : 0 - 0
- Hereford - Stevenage : 1 - 4
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Fancy - Drake Featuring T.I. & Swizz Beatz
- Miss Me - Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
- Love The Way You Lie - Eminem Featuring Rihanna
- Holding You Down (Goin In Circles) - Jazmine Sullivan
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Bittersweet - Fantasia
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
- Alejate De Mi - Camila
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- I Like It - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Pitbull
- Pedro Fernandez - Amarte A La Antigua
- El Malo - Aventura
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Standard & Poor’s estimate that Ireland will have to pour 35 billion euros into Anglo Irish Bank looks increasingly realistic and any amount beyond that could trigger rating downgrades, an S&P analyst was quoted on Tuesday as saying, Reuters reported. [..]
As proxy fights go, the one between Barnes & Noble and Ron Burkle, the billionaire investor, has been a page turner, and it could come with a cliff-hanger ending Tuesday. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $35.85
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $81.74
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $71.15
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $41.38
- 1 CHF = 6.8541 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4951 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9469 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.475 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?