Sunday 29 December 1935
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tony Bramall and Virgil Johnson.
Professional Soldier, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Vein of Iron by Ellen Glasgow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Theatre Parade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1935!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 29 December 1935 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1935 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Alone - Hal Kemp & His Orchestra
- A Little Bit Independent - Bob Crosby & His Orchestra
- Twenty-Four Hours a Day - Joe Venuti & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?