Monday 30 December 1935
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Omar Bongo and Sandy Koufax.
Professional Soldier, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Theatre Parade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1935!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 30 December 1935 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Omar Bongo: Gabonese lieutenant and politician President of Gabon (d. 2009).
- Sandy Koufax: American baseball star who was elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 1972.
- Geoffrey Dean: British-Australian astrologer, a Ph.
- Jack Riley: American actor, writer, voice-man, mostly comedy.
- Bruno Canino: Composer.
- Omar [Albert: B] Bongo; President of Gabon (1967-).
- Jack Riley in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; actor (Carlin - Bob Newhart, Ocassional Wife).
- Italian bombers destroy Swedish Red Cross unit in Ethiopia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1935 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Alone - Hal Kemp & His Orchestra
- A Little Bit Independent - Bob Crosby & His Orchestra
- Twenty-Four Hours a Day - Joe Venuti & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?