Tuesday 17 December 1935
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Lindsey and Kenneth Roath.
Captain Blood, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Vein of Iron by Ellen Glasgow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1935!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1935 ?
- George Lindsey: American actor.
- Kenneth Roath: American accountant and CEO of Health Care Property Investors, a hospital, care facility and nursing homes investment incorporation.
- Brian Langford: English cricketer (d. 2013).
- Cal Ripken: Sr.
- First flight of the Douglas DC-3 airplane.
- Samuel Hoare resigns as British foreign secretary and is replaced by Anthony Eden.
- The socialist party of Sri Lanka, the Lanka Sama Samaja Party, is founded.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?