Friday 27 December 1935
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Norma Rae Beatty Ashby and Michael Turnbull.
Professional Soldier, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Vein of Iron by Ellen Glasgow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Theatre Parade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1935!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 27 December 1935 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
Famous Birthdays:27 December
- Mao Zedong issues the Wayaopao Manifesto, ''On Tactics Against Japanese Imperialism'', calling for a National United Front against the Japanese Invasion.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1935 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Eeny Meeny Miney Mo - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Helen Ward)
- Stop, Look, and Listen - Joe Venuti & His Orchestra
- With All My Heart - Hal Kemp & His Orchestra
- The Music Goes Round and Round - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Bing Crosby - Silent Night
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?