Sunday January 29, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 29, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include François Civil and Kevin Shattenkirk.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Two Hearts by Phil Collins.
In UK Something's Gotten Hold Of My Heart by Marc Almond featuring Gene Pitney was in the top 5 hits.
Farewell to the King, directed by John Milius, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Rivals by Janet Dailey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Bottom Line.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyber Police ESWAT or Batman: The Video Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 January 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 January 1989!
Which were the important events of 29 January 1989 ?
- François Civil
- Kevin Shattenkirk: American ice hockey player.
- Adriana Țăcălie: Romanian handball player.
- Halina Konopacka: Polish discus thrower and poet (d. 1989).
- Dow jumps 38.06 recoups 508-pt loss since October 1987; index at 2,256.43
- L I preacher Gene Profeta pleads guilty to tax-evasion
- Orlando Arena opens
- Dottie Mochrie wins Oldsmobile LPGA Golf Classic.
- Episcopal church appoints first female bishop.
- Game-winning RBI, official statistic dropped after nine years of use, New York Mets' Keith Hernandez is the all-time leader with 129.
- NFL Pro Bowl: NFC beats AFC 34-3.
- 77th Australian Open Men Tennis: Ivan Lendl beats Miloslav Mecir (6-2, 6-2, 6-2).
- Dow Jones Industrial Average jumps 38.06 to hit 2256.43; recoups 508-point loss since October 1987.
- Hungary establishes diplomatic relations with South Korea, making it the first Eastern Bloc nation to do so
- Thomas and Friends television show begins in U.S.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Karyn White - Superwoman
- Bobby Brown - Roni
- Z'Looke - Can U Read My Lips
- New Edition - Can You Stand The Rain
- Tony Toni Tone - Baby Doll
- Gerald Alston - Take Me Where You Want To
- Luther Vandross - She Won't Talk To Me
- Wild Thing - Tone-Loc
- Al Jarreau - So Good
- This Time - Kiara (Duet With Shanice Wilson)
Top #10 Latin songs
- Rocio Durcal - Como Tu Mujer
- Aprendere - Ednita Nazario
- UN TIEMPO PARA NOSOTROS - Braulio
- HOMBRES AL BORDE DE UN ATAQUE DE CELOS - Yuri
- TU PRESA FACIL - Los Yonic's
- Gipsy Kings - BAMBOLEO
- Tu Pirata Soy Yo - Chayanne
- Asi Fue - Isabel Pantoja
- SI EL AMOR SE VA - Roberto Carlos
- NO ME HABLEN DE EL - Lucerito
Top #8 songs in the UK
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?