Friday 29 March 1974
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marc Gene and Rachel Jones.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Sunshine On My Shoulders by John Denver.
In UK Billy, Don't Be A Hero by Paper Lace was in the top 5 hits.
Foxy Brown, directed by Jack Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Burr by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Now You See It.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gran Trak 10 or Gran Trak 10.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1974!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1974 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Marc Gene: Spanish racing car driver.
- Rachel Jones: Radio Producer.
- Cyril Julian: French basketball player, who spent most of his career with the pro club SLUC Nancy in France.
- Kara Brock: American actress.
- Kristoffer Cusick: American actor.
- Marc Gené: Spanish race car driver
- Miguel Gómez: Colombian-American photographer and educator
- Sarah Walker: English television host
- Seton I Miller: Writer, dies at 71.
- NASA's Mariner 10 becomes the first spaceprobe to fly by Mercury. It was launched on November 3, 1973.
- The Terracotta Army of Qin Shi Huang is discovered at Xi'an, China.
- April 3-4 ndash An enormous outbreak of tornadoes strikes the central parts of the United States, killing around 319 people. Known as the ampquotSuper Outbreakampquot, the event was the largest and deadliest outbreak of tornadoes for almost 40 years until an even larger outbreak surpassed it in 2011.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 March 1974
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Denver - Sunshine On My Shoulders
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Cher - Dark Lady
- Carly Simon - Mockingbird
- Paul McCartney - Jet
- Redbone - Come And Get Your Love
- Mocedades - Eres Tu (Touch The Wind)
- Sister Janet Mead - The Lord's Prayer
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?