Wednesday 6 March 1974
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lionel Mallier and Guy Garvey.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks.
In UK Tiger Feet by Mud was in the top 5 hits.
Blazing Saddles, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Snare Of The Hunter by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Nova.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Qwak! or Elimination.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1974!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 March 1974 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Lionel Mallier: French rugby player, a member of the French rugby team 1999, playing as wing forward.
- Guy Garvey: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Elbow).
- Beanie Sigel: American rapper.
- Over Here opens at Shubert Theater NYC for 341 performances
- An Italian loses a record US$1,920,000 at roulette in Monte Carlo.
- Winners of a design contest for 1976 bicentennial coins are announced. Jack L. Ahr wins for the quarter dollar design, Seth G. Huntington wins for the half dollar design, and Dennis R. Williams wins for the dollar design.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun
- Eddie Kendricks - Boogie Down
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Kool & The Gang - Jungle Boogie
- David Essex - Rock On
- Cher - Dark Lady
- Jim Stafford - Spiders & Snakes
- Carly Simon - Mockingbird
- Aretha Franklin - Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)
- John Denver - Sunshine On My Shoulders
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?