Wednesday March 27, 1974
US date format: 3/27/1974, UK date format: 27/3/1974
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on March 27, 1974). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Joan Horrach and Jason Narvy.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Sunshine On My Shoulders by John Denver.
In UK Billy, Don't Be A Hero by Paper Lace was in the top 5 hits.
The Conversation, directed by Francis Ford Coppola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Burr by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Zoo Gang.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Qwak! or Elimination.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 27, 1974?
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 27, 1974?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Denver - Sunshine On My Shoulders
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Cher - Dark Lady
- Carly Simon - Mockingbird
- Paul McCartney - Jet
- Redbone - Come And Get Your Love
- Mocedades - Eres Tu (Touch The Wind)
- Sister Janet Mead - The Lord's Prayer
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Bobby Womack - Lookin' For A Love
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- The Chi-lites - Homely Girl
- Bloodstone - Outside Woman
- The Spinners - Mighty Love - Pt. 1
- The Staple Singers - Touch A Hand, Make A Friend
- Eddie Kendricks - Boogie Down
- Barry White - Honey Please, Can't Ya See
- Billy Paul - Thanks For Saving My Life
- MFSB Featuring The Three Degrees - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next March 27If March 27, 1974 is your birthday you're 46 years, 5 months, 24 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 6 months, 7 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?