Sunday 17 March 1974, St. Patrick's Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eric Lane and John Hall.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks.
In UK Billy, Don't Be A Hero by Paper Lace was in the top 5 hits.
while The Joy Of Sex by Alex Comfort was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Boy Dominic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gran Trak 10 or Rebound.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1974!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1974 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Eric Lane: Running back (New York Giants).
- John Hall: Kicker (NY Jets).
- Franck Bouyer: French road bicycle racer, who competed as a professional between 1995 and 2013.
- Marisa Coughlan: American actress.
- Mark Dolan: English comedian and television host.
- Tõnis Kasemets: Estonian race car driver
- Oliver Palotai: German keyboard player songwriter and producer (Kamelot Circle II Circle and Sons of Seasons)
- Jane Blalock wins LPGA Bing Crosby Golf Classic International.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?