Saturday 16 March 1974
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lamont Burns and Jérôme-Michel Legros.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks.
In UK Billy, Don't Be A Hero by Paper Lace was in the top 5 hits.
while Burr by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Nova.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gran Trak 10 or Tank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1974!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1974 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Lamont Burns: guard (New York Jets).
- Jérôme-Michel Legros: French race horse owner, trainer and jockey, a harnessed trot racer.
- Georgios Anatolakis: Greek footballer and politician.
- Fotini Vavatsi: Greek archer.
- 1st performance at new Grand Ole Opry House at Opryland in Nashville
- First performance at new Grand Ole Opry House at Opryland in Nashville, Tennessee.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 March 1974
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?