Tuesday 19 March 1974
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Coppinger in El Paso and Jennifer Lynn Drayton in Saginaw.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Dark Lady by Cher.
In UK Billy, Don't Be A Hero by Paper Lace was in the top 5 hits.
while Burr by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Boy Dominic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gran Trak 10 or Tank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1974!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1974 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- John Coppinger in El Paso: Texas, USA; pitcher (Baltimore Orioles).
- Jennifer Lynn Drayton in Saginaw: Michigan, USA; Miss Michigan-America (1996).
- Stacey Governale Bloom: Mexcian-Korean reality star.
- Claire Nouvian: French journalist, producer and director of wildlife and science documentaries.
- Vida Guerra: Cuban-American swimsuit model.
- Marcel Tiemann: German race car driver
- Jefferson Starship begins their first tour.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 March 1974
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cher - Dark Lady
- Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun
- John Denver - Sunshine On My Shoulders
- Eddie Kendricks - Boogie Down
- Carly Simon - Mockingbird
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- Paul McCartney - Jet
- Mocedades - Eres Tu (Touch The Wind)
- Kool & The Gang - Jungle Boogie
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?