Monday March 25, 1974US date format: 3/25/1974, UK date format: 25/3/1974
This day in 30 sec.
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 25, 1974). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Serge Betsen and Lark Voorhies.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Sunshine On My Shoulders by John Denver.
In UK Billy, Don't Be A Hero by Paper Lace was in the top 5 hits.
The Conversation, directed by Francis Ford Coppola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Plain Speaking by Merle Miller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Zoo Gang.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gran Trak 10 or Tank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 March 1974
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1974!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1974 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Serge Betsen
- Lark Voorhies: American actress.
- Carlo Bocchio
- Alyson Hannigan: Actress.
- Laz Alonso: Movie Actor.
- Mike Adams: wide receiver (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Vyninka Arlow: in Australia; diver (Olympics-1996).
- Otto Waldis: Actor (Unknown World, Whip Hand), dies at 72.
- Barbra Streisand records the album Butterfly
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Denver - Sunshine On My Shoulders
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Cher - Dark Lady
- Carly Simon - Mockingbird
- Paul McCartney - Jet
- Redbone - Come And Get Your Love
- Mocedades - Eres Tu (Touch The Wind)
- Sister Janet Mead - The Lord's Prayer
Top #10 R&B songs
- Bobby Womack - Lookin' For A Love
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- The Chi-lites - Homely Girl
- Bloodstone - Outside Woman
- Mighty Love - Pt. 1 - The Spinners
- The Staple Singers - Touch A Hand, Make A Friend
- Eddie Kendricks - Boogie Down
- Barry White - Honey Please, Can't Ya See
- Billy Paul - Thanks For Saving My Life
- MFSB Featuring The Three Degrees - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?