Wednesday June 29, 1977
US date format: 6/29/1977, UK date format: 29/6/1977
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 29, 1977). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was James Callaghan (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Bradley Stryker and Zuleikha Robinson.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky) by Bill Conti.
In UK So You Win Again by Hot Chocolate was in the top 5 hits.
The Spy Who Loved Me, directed by Lewis Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The House That Jack Built.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Destroyer or Boot Hill.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 29, 1977?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Supreme Court rules out death penalty for rapists of adults
- Willie Stargell hits his 400th career HR
- Magda Lupescu: Romanian wife of Carol II of Romania (d....
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 29, 1977?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky)
- Alan O'Day - Undercover Angel
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Part 1)
- Shaun Cassidy - Da Doo Ron Ron
- Barry Manilow - Looks Like We Made It
- Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
- Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
- Hot - Angel In Your Arms
- Steve Miller Band - Jet Airliner
- Jimmy Buffett - Margaritaville
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Emotions - Best Of My Love
- Commodores - Easy
- Slave - Slide
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Pt. 1)
- Johnny Guitar Watson - A Real Mother For Ya
- Enchantment - Sunshine
- Tyrone Davis - This I Swear
- Teddy Pendergrass - I Don't Love You Anymore
- Aretha Franklin - Break It To Me Gently
- Rose Royce - I'm Going Down
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next June 29If June 29, 1977 is your birthday you're 43 years, 2 months, 30 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 9 months, 1 day.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on June 29, 1977?
On June 29, 1977 the day of the week was Wednesday.
What zodiac sign is June 29, 1977?
On June 29, 1977 the zodiac sign was Cancer.
Who was the US President on June 29, 1977?
On June 29, 1977 the US President was Jimmy Carter (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on June 29, 1977?
On June 29, 1977 the UK Prime Minister was James Callaghan (Labour).
Who was the Pope on June 29, 1977?
On June 29, 1977 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on June 29, 1977?
On June 29, 1977 several famous people were born including, Bradley Stryker, Zuleikha Robinson, Ari Zagaris.
Which famous people died on June 29, 1977?
Famous people died on June 29, 1977 include, Magda Lupescu.
What was the number one song in June 29, 1977?
The number one song in the week of June 29, 1977 was Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky) by Bill Conti in US and So You Win Again by Hot Chocolate in UK.
What were the top hits on June 29, 1977?
The top hits on June 29, 1977 were Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky) by Bill Conti, Undercover Angel by Alan O'Day, Got To Give It Up (Part 1) by Marvin Gaye in US and So You Win Again by Hot Chocolate, Fanfare For The Common Man by Emerson Lake & Palmer, I Feel Love by Donna Summer in UK.