Sunday 29 December 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carlo Jr Ponti and Sadat X.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
The Wrecking Crew, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Das Sonntagskonzert.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1968!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 29 December 1968 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Carlo Jr Ponti
- Sadat X
- Darren Perry: NFL free safety (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Carlo H L Ponti Jr: Son of Carlo Ponti and Sophia Loren.
- James Mouton in Denver: Colorado, USA; outfielder (Houston Astros).
- Carlo Ponti: Italian noted family member and conductor who began his career in 1994 when he attended the Conductors Institute in Hartford, CT under the direction of Harold Farbermann.
- Austin Farrer: English theologian and philosopher (Born 1904).
- New York Jets beat Oakland Raiders 27-23 in AFL championship game.
- Israeli commandos destroy 13 Lebanese airplanes.
- Baltimore Colts beat Cleveland Browns 34-0 in NFL championship game.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- Classics IV - Stormy
- Dion - Abraham, Martin And John
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- Bobby Vinton - I Love How You Love Me
- The Temptations - Cloud Nine
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?