Tuesday 29 October 1985
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Youn-a and Cal Crutchlow.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Part-Time Lover by Stevie Wonder.
In UK The Power Of Love by Jennifer Rush was in the top 5 hits.
To Live and Die in L.A., directed by William Friedkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Texas by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hard Labeur.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Nodes of Yesod or Brian Bloodaxe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1985!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1985 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Youn-a : South Korean-Japanese model and actress.
- Cal Crutchlow: English motorcycle racer.
- Janet Montgomery: English actress and dancer.
- Jefferson Severino: Brazilian footballer.
- Vijender Singh: Indian boxer.
- John Lodge: English singer-songwriter bass player and producer (The Moody Blues).
- Major General Samuel K. Doe is announced the winner of the first multi-party election in Liberia.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 October 1985
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stevie Wonder - Part-Time Lover
- Jan Hammer - Miami Vice Theme
- Whitney Houston - Saving All My Love For You
- Tears For Fears - Head Over Heels
- A-Ha - Take On Me
- Glenn Frey - You Belong To The City
- Starship - We Built This City
- Sting - Fortress Around Your Heart
- Loverboy - Lovin' Every Minute Of It
- ABC - Be Near Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?