Wednesday 15 July 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marion Roe and Pierre Barret.
Satan Met a Lady, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1936!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1936 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Marion Roe: MP (C).
- Pierre Barret: Firminy EXecutives.
- Steven Gilborn: American actor and educator (d. 2009).
- George Voinovich: American lawyer and politician 65th Governor of Ohio.
- Dutch 2nd Chamber agree to temporarily increase defense budget
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?