Thursday 17 June 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Linn-Baker in Saint Louis and Len Davies.
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
The Caine Mutiny, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Cell 2455 Death Row by Caryl Chessman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 June 1954 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Mark Linn-Baker in Saint Louis: Missouri, USA; actor (Larry Appleton - Perfect Strangers).
- Len Davies: British pro wrestling promoter.
- Mark Linn-Baker: American actor and director.
- CIA exile army lands in Guatemala (JF Dulles & United Fruit Co)
- Rocky Marciano beats Ezzard Charles in 15 for heavyweight boxing title
- Televised Senate Army McCarthy hearings ends
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?