Thursday 17 June 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 17, 1954). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Linn-Baker in Saint Louis and Len Davies.
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
The Caine Mutiny, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Taft Story by William S. White was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Center Stage.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 June 1954
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1954!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1954 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Mark Linn-Baker in Saint Louis: Missouri, USA; actor (Larry Appleton - Perfect Strangers).
- Len Davies: British pro wrestling promoter.
- Mark Linn-Baker: American actor and director.
- CIA exile army lands in Guatemala (JF Dulles & United Fruit Co)
- Rocky Marciano beats Ezzard Charles in 15 for heavyweight boxing title
- Televised Senate Army McCarthy hearings ends
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1954 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?