Saturday 30 April 2011
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 30, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cannon Twins and Moroccan Cannon.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to S&M by Rihanna.
Blitz, directed by Elliott Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Xanadu.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn or APOX.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 April 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 30 April 2011 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- Cannon Twins: American twins, members of noted family, the fraternal twins are the children of Mariah Carey Nick Cannon.
- Moroccan Cannon: Family Member.
- Monroe Cannon: Family Member.
- Dorjee Khandu: Indian, Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh (Born 1955).
- Libyan civil war:
- 2011 Syrian protests:
- The Syrian army continues its assault on the city of Deraa using tanks and snipers. (Al Jazeera)
- Muammar Gaddafi, the leader of Libya, says on state television that he is prepared to enter a ceasefire in the Libyan civil war but it must apply to both sides. Muammar Gaddafi has made such claims before but each time he failed to uphold one. (Al Jazeera)
- Gaddafi's government attempts to block deliveries to Misrata by using naval mines, which are in the process of being removed by NATO. (BBC)
- Gaddafi has supplied Viagra to his forces to encourage them to commit mass rape, Susan Rice, United States Ambassador to the United Nations, has alleged. (''The Hindu'')
- Thai and Cambodian troops exchange gunfire near the Ta Krabei temple in Oddar Meanchey Province marking the ninth straight day of border clashes. (AFP via Google News)
- Moroccan interior minister Taieb Cherkaoui says the bomb detonated in Marrakech was set off remotely. (Angola Press)
- A study carried out by the Danish Booksellers Association reveals almost one third of Danes over the age of 14 read at least one book annually written in the English language. (''The Copenhagen Post'')
- The official wedding photos for the Wedding of Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, and Catherine Middleton by Hugo Bernand are published online. (Official Royal Wedding)
- The recent US tornado outbreak becomes the second deadliest single day tornado event in US history with at least 340 people dead. (CNN)
- South Korea announces plans to hold two frontline artillery drills on Baengnyeong Island and Yeonpyeong Island near North Korea. (''The Australian'')
- Army intelligence analyst Bradley Manning, imprisoned by the United States on charges of disclosing government information to the general public, is found competent to stand trial by a ampquotpanel of expertsampquot, despite having earlier been thought of as a ampquotsuicide riskampquot and having his clothes removed. (''The Hindu'')
- 6 major U.S. tobacco companies, accused of delivering an ampquotunreasonably dangerousampquot product, defeat a lawsuit taken by 37 hospitals in the U.S. state of Missouri. The hospitals were looking for financial assistance with the treatment of illnesses caused by smoking. (Bloomberg / ''The Irish Times'')
- Ministers in Uganda disagree over the arrest of opposition leader Kizza Besigye. (''Daily Nation'')
- Current U.S. officials and former president Jimmy Carter disagree over allegations that the U.S. is deliberately keeping food aid from North Korea despite severe food shortages among people there. (BBC)
- The French Football Federation's national technical director Francois Blaquart is suspended in the wake of the trainee racial quota scandal targeting blacks and Arabs. (BBC News)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 30 April 2011
Serie AItalian Football
- Cesena - Inter : 1 - 2
- Napoli - Genoa : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Schalke 04 : 4 - 1
- Dortmund - Nurnberg : 2 - 0
- FC Koln - Leverkusen : 2 - 0
- Hamburg - Freiburg : 0 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Frankfurt FSV - Duisburg : 0 - 4
- Greuther Furth - Bielefeld : 1 - 0
- Ingolstadt - Erzgebirge Aue : 0 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- La Coruna - Ath Madrid : 0 - 1
- Real Madrid - Zaragoza : 2 - 3
- Sociedad - Barcelona : 2 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in April 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- Did It On'em - Nicki Minaj
- Moment 4 Life - Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake
- 6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne Featuring Cory Gunz
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- Love Faces - Trey Songz
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- Roll Up - Wiz Khalifa
- Racks - YC Featuring Future
Top #10 Latin songs
- Lluvia Al Corazon - Mana
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Violento - Gracias A Dios
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Llueve El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Estoy Enamorado - Wisin & Yandel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?