Friday 22 June 1906
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Billy Wilder and Anne Morrow Lindbergh.
Three American Beauties, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 June 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1906!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1906 ?
- Billy Wilder: American filmmaker, screenwriter, producer, artist, and journalist, whose career spanned more than 50 years and 60 films.
- Anne Morrow Lindbergh: American writer, wife of Charles Lindbergh (d. 2001).
- Bernard Menetrel
- Richard Fanshawe: England, United Kingdom -- Equestion 3 day event (1936 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- William Kneale: English logician and philosopher (d. 1990).
- Anne Lindbergh: American pilot and writer.
- Bernard Ménétrel: French physician and political advisor to Marshal Philippe Pétain during World War II.
- Fritz Schaudinn: German animal scholar: examined amoebasis, dies at 34.
- Hakon VII crowned King of Norway
- The flag of Sweden is adopted.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1906 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Moon Has His Eyes On You - Frank Stanley & Corrine Morgan
- My Old Kentucky Home - Harry Macdonough