Saturday 5 September 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edmondo Bernacca and Gail Kubik South Coffeyville.
The Virginian, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Eyes of the World by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1914!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1914 ?
- Gail Kubik South Coffeyville: Oklahoma, USA; composer (Gerald McBoing Boing).
- Edmondo Bernacca: Italian general and meteorologist, who died in Rome on 15 September 1993.
- Isolina Ferre Aguayo: Puerto Rican Roman Catholic nun.
- Stuart Freeborn: English make up artist (d. 2013).
- Gail Kubik: American violinist composer and educator (d. 1984).
- Nicanor Parra: Chilean physicist mathematician and poet.
- Charles Peguy: French poet, essayist and editor (Born 1873).
- Battle of Marne (WWI) begins: Germans chase out Russians
- French headquarters move to Chatillon-sur-Seine
- Gr Britain / France / Belgium / Russia sign pact of London
- Proclamation prohibits Canadian mint from issuing gold coins
- World War I: First Battle of the Marne begins. Northeast of Paris, the French attack and defeat German forces who are advancing on the capital.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Love Has Wings - Charles Harrison & Grace Kerns
- Happy Tho' Married - Fred Duprez
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?