Friday July 11, 2008
US date format: 7/11/2008, UK date format: 11/7/2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see zodiac on July 11, 2008). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Gordon Brown (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.
Step Brothers, directed by Adam McKay, was one of the most viewed movie released in 2008
while The Last Oracle by James Rollins was one of the best selling book.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aether or Active Life: Outdoor Challenge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 11, 2008?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- See more
- Crude oil on the New York Mercantile Exchange hits a record high of US$147.27 per barrel.
- In California, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp takes over mortgage lender IndyMac Bancorp, second largest banking failure (US$32 billion in assets) in U.S. history, and the fifth U.S. bank to fail this year. The insurance firm estimates the cost of the failure at between $4 billion and $8 billion.
- Chinese restaurants in Beijing are told not to serve dog meat during 2008 Summer Olympics, but can continue to serve Donkey meat (''The Times of India'')
- At a donors' conference in Brussels, 1.2 billion euros (1.9 billion U.S. dollars) are pledged to Kosovo's socio-economic development. (MarketWatch) (Xinhua)
- See more
American surgeon and inventor (Born...
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 11, 2008?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 R&B songs
- Keyshia Cole - Heaven Sent
- Lil Wayne - A Milli
- Plies Featuring Ne-Yo - Bust It Baby Part 2
- The-Dream - I Luv Your Girl
- Chris Brown - Take You Down
Top #5 Latin songs
- Flex - Te Quiero
- Mana - Si No Te Hubieras Ido
- Enrique Iglesias - Donde Estan Corazon
- Dareyes de La Sierra - Hasta El Dia De Hoy
- Los Rieleros del Norte - A Punto De Llorar
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Britain Leaves Interest Rate at 5% Seeking to maneuver between accelerating inflation and a slowing economy, the Bank of England left its main interest rate target at 5 percent on Thursday. [..]
- For Short Sellers, It Doesn’t Get Much Better As shareholders of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac watched their investments plunge in value, short sellers, who bet against stocks, could count their winnings. [..]
- See all financial news of July 11th, 2008
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $86.28
- Apple AAPL: opens at $175.37
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $25.11
- General Electric GE: opens at $27.64
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $121.80
- 1 USD = 106.28 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.009 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.0159 CHF
- 1 USD = 6.8341 CNY
- 1 EUR = 169.37 JPY
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on July 11, 2008?
On July 11, 2008 the day of the week was Friday.
What zodiac sign is July 11, 2008?
On July 11, 2008 the zodiac sign was Cancer.
Who was the US President on July 11, 2008?
On July 11, 2008 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on July 11, 2008?
On July 11, 2008 the UK Prime Minister was Gordon Brown (Labour).
Who was the Pope on July 11, 2008?
On July 11, 2008 Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people died on July 11, 2008?
Famous people died on July 11, 2008 include, Michael DeBakey.