Tuesday 8 July 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.
The Dark Knight, directed by Christopher Nolan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Earth: The Power of the Planet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bionic Commando: Rearmed or Boogie Bunnies.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 2008!
Which were the important events of 8 July 2008 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 July
- John Templeton: American-born British stock investor, businessman and philanthropist.
- The United States and the Czech Republic sign an initial agreement to base a United States missile defense system in the Czech Republic. (AP via Google News)
- Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov responds to this development, ampquotWe will be forced to react not with diplomatic, but with military-technical methods.ampquot (''The Times'')
- The President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad indicates that he does not expect an attack by the United States or Israel because he considers George W. Bush to be a lame duck president. (Bloomberg)
- Leaders of the G8 nations meeting at the 34th G8 summit in Japan agree to a target of cutting world greenhouse gas emissions by at least 50% by 2050. (BBC News)
- The Prime Minister of Pakistan Yousaf Raza Gillani denies any involvement in the 2008 Indian embassy bombing in Kabul. The Government of Afghanistan has hinted that it believes that Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence had some involvement. (Reuters)
- The UNESCO World Heritage Committee votes in Quebec City and adds 27 new sites to the World Heritage List. (Unesco)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?