Sunday July 20, 2008
US date format: 7/20/2008, UK date format: 20/7/2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see zodiac on July 20, 2008). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Gordon Brown (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.
Acolytes, directed by Jon Hewitt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Tailspin by Catherine Coulter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Under One Roof.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cory in the House (video game) or Left 4 Dead.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 20, 2008?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- See more
- Golfer Pádraig Harrington of Ireland wins his second successive Open Championship (British Open). (AP via Google News)
- ''The Dark Knight'' sets a new record for box office receipts for an opening weekend in the United States with US$158.4 million earned between Friday and Sunday. (''Entertainment Weekly'')
- The Colombian diaspora celebrates Colombia's Independence Day with concerts and marches against violence, kidnapping and the FARC in Bogotá, Leticia, the country's other 1,119 cities and municipalities, and events in cities around the world including Paris (attended by Ingrid Betancourt), London, Washington, D.C., New York City and Miami. (BBC News) (El Tiempo)
- At least 13 Afghan police and civilians are killed in an airstrike by NATO forces two weeks after an airstrike killed 52 civilians at a wedding. (BBC News)
- See more
American guitarist (Born 1943).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 20, 2008?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 R&B songs
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Given a Shovel, Americans Dig Deeper Into Debt Practices that produced record profits for many banks have led millions of Americans to the brink. [..]
- Western Olympic Ads Cheerlead for China Global corporations are appealing to nationalism in an advertising blitz the likes of which China has never seen. [..]
- See all financial news of July 20th, 2008
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on July 20, 2008?
On July 20, 2008 the day of the week was Sunday.
What zodiac sign is July 20, 2008?
On July 20, 2008 the zodiac sign was Cancer.
Who was the US President on July 20, 2008?
On July 20, 2008 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on July 20, 2008?
On July 20, 2008 the UK Prime Minister was Gordon Brown (Labour).
Who was the Pope on July 20, 2008?
On July 20, 2008 Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people died on July 20, 2008?
Famous people died on July 20, 2008 include, Artie Traum.