Friday 4 July 2008, US Independence Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.
Hancock, directed by Peter Berg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while What Happened by Scott McClellan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Baseball's Golden Age.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ai Space or Code Geass.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 2008!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 4 July 2008 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 July
- A fire sweeps through the Biological Museum at Djurgården in Stockholm, leaving parts of the 115-year-old landmark charred and severely damaged. (Dagens Nyheter)
- After 69 years, the Embassy of the United States in Berlin, Germany, returns to its old site near the Brandenburg Gate. At the celebration, Chancellor Angela Merkel, former U.S. President George H. W. Bush and the U.S. Ambassador to Germany William Timken open the new chancery on Pariser Platz in the center of Berlin. Spiegel (German)
- Georgian forces shell Tskhinvali in South Ossetia. (BBC News)
- Four people are shot dead in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, during a street party. (AP via ''The New York Times'')
- Íngrid Betancourt returns to France two days after her rescue. (''The New York Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?