Saturday 19 July 2008
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.
Step Brothers, directed by Adam McKay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Yogscast.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway or Class of Heroes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 2008!
Which were the important events of 19 July 2008 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 July
- In Jammu and Kashmir 10 Indian army soldiers are killed in land mine attack claimed by Hizbul Mujahideen (''Times of India'')
- Iran advises a high-level meeting between it, the United States and European Union in Geneva over its nuclear program saying that it will not suspend production of enriched uranium. (Radio Netherlands)
- 2008 Cambodian-Thai stand-off: Some 500 Thai and 1,000 Cambodian troops have massed near Prasat Preah Vihear temple on the border between the two countries, increasing their presence on the fifth day of the tense stand-off. (France 24)
- Fourteen people are killed, 29 injured and several are missing after a bus crash in Khare Khola, Nepal 100 miles west of Kathmandu. (AP via Google News)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 July 2008
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2008 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?