Saturday 30 March 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Celine Dion and Donna D'Errico.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding.
In UK Cinderella Rockefella by Esther & Abi Ofarim was in the top 5 hits.
The Party, directed by Blake Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Drei Frauen im Haus.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 March 1968!
Which were the important events of 30 March 1968 ?
- Saint John Climacus (died 649)
- Easter in 1975, 1986, 1991, and 1997.
- Roman Empire - Festival devoted to Salus.
- Land Day.
- Spiritual Baptist/Shouter Liberation Day - Public holiday in Trinidad and Tobago.
- National Doctors' Day - observed in the USA.
- Saint Quirinus (d. 117)
- Saint Veronus
- Blessed Amadeus IX of Savoy
- Celine Dion: French-Canadian singer who did not speak English until 1987, when she learned in order to sing bilingually.
- Donna D'Errico: American model and actress.
- Bobby Driscoll: American actor (Born 1937).
- General Ludvik Svoboda elected President of Czechoslovakia.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 March 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- The Monkees - Valleri
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?