Saturday 16 March 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jason van and Ananya Khare.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding.
In UK Cinderella Rockefella by Esther & Abi Ofarim was in the top 5 hits.
Stay Away, Joe, directed by Peter Tewksbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Economics Of Crisis by Eliot Janeway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Starparade.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1968!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1968 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Jason van: Blerk; soccer player (Go Ahead Eagles).
- Ananya Khare: Indian actress and teacher.
- Trevor Wilson: American basketball player and police officer.
- My Lai massacre occurs (Vietnam War); 450 die
- Robert F Kennedy announces presidential campaign
- Charlie Company of US troops kills over 500 civilians in four hamlets in Son My district, Vietnam, known as the My Lai massacre.
- US Senator Robert F. Kennedy announces his candidacy for the Democratic presidential nomination.
- General Motors produced its 100 millionth automobile, the Oldsmobile Toronado.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- First Edition - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)
- The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- The Monkees - Valleri
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- Sam & Dave - I Thank You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?