Sunday 17 March 1968, St. Patrick's Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Judy Mosley and Mathew Patrick.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding.
In UK Cinderella Rockefella by Esther & Abi Ofarim was in the top 5 hits.
Stay Away, Joe, directed by Peter Tewksbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Starparade.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1968!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1968 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Judy Mosley: McAfee; WNBA forward (Sacramento Monarchs).
- Mathew Patrick: TV Actor.
- Eri Nitta: Japanese singer actress and lyricist (Onyanko Club).
- 2-tiered gold price negotiated in Washington DC by US and 6 European nations
- Two-tiered gold price negotiated in Washington DC by US and six European nations.
- Kathie Whitworth wins LPGA Saint Petersburg Orange Blossom Golf Open.
- A demonstration in London's Grosvenor Square against U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War leads to violence 91 people are injured, 200 demonstrators arrested.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 March 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- First Edition - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)
- The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- The Monkees - Valleri
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- Sam & Dave - I Thank You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?