Saturday 23 March 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Maddox and David Maeva.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding.
In UK Cinderella Rockefella by Esther & Abi Ofarim was in the top 5 hits.
Stay Away, Joe, directed by Peter Tewksbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chronik der Familie Nägele.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1968!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1968 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Mark Maddox: linebacker (Buffalo Bills).
- David Maeva: Canadian Football League linebacker (British Columbia Lions).
- Michael Atherton: English cricketer.
- Damon Albarn: English musician, singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and record producer.
- Pierre Palmade: French humorist, actor, and comedian, known for playing unpleasant characters in his sketches.
- Mike Atherton: English cricketer and journalist
- Mitch Cullin: American novelist
- Fernando Hierro: Spanish footballer and manager
- Erki Pehk: Estonian conductor and educator
- Edwin O'Connor: American novelist and Pulitzer Prize for Fiction winner (Born 1918).
- Rev Walter Fauntroy, is 1st non-voting congressional delegate from DC
- Reverend Walter Fauntroy is first non-voting congressional delegate from Washington DC.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- First Edition - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- The Monkees - Valleri
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- Sam & Dave - I Thank You
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?